Five new dedicated Hamilton/Burlington SPCA (HBSPCA) vehicles are hitting the roads in Flamborough, Waterdown, Ancaster, Dundas, Stoney Creek, Hamilton and Burlington bringing much-needed new and expanded pet and animal care services directly to community members. The new vehicles, made possible by community donors, will enable the HBSPCA to expand its support and services within the community while also increasing awareness.
“The HBSPCA is delighted to be taking our outreach programming on the road with five new dedicated vehicles that will help us directly deliver even more services for animals and the people that love them in our community,” said John Gerrard, CEO, HBSPCA. “Our generous donors have made it possible for the HBSPCA to expand both our programming and the way we deliver our services helping to meet rising needs due to an increase in pet families during and post-Covid as well as growing social and economic barriers.”
- Pet Shuttle Transportation Program – HBSPCA is the first to offer this new service providing transportation for animals and their pet parents to the animal hospital for medical care.
- Animal Socialization and Enrichment – HBSPCA is offering this new service that will see our animals taken out to socialize with the public to help with reintroduction into new forever homes. The animals will be accompanied on these excursions by experienced behavioural staff, in some cases helping them learn to trust people or other animals again.
- Community Cat Snip – HBSPCA is the first to offer this new service that will see our Trap Neuter Vaccinate and Return Program be delivered in the community. With over 30,000 community cats in our communities, the new van will put staff on the ground to deliver food, humanely trap and provide spay/neuter to help reduce the community cat population as well as deliver neighbourhood education and resources.
- Foster and Adoption – HBSPCA is seeking 100 Foster Pet Parents to help with short-term, long-term and emergency housing and care. With the van, our team can conduct outreach and visit and engage directly with potential candidates and the community at large.
- Community Pet Wellness Clinics – Our new vehicle allows us to bring vet services directly to those who need our help the most. Eliminating the barriers of transportation and high-cost vet fees, our Pet Wellness Clinics provide onsite exams, vaccines, flea prevention and deworming to qualified community members. This vehicle helps us make it possible for anyone and everyone to experience the unconditional love of a pet.
The vehicles are wrapped with HBSPCA artwork for enhanced visibility in the community and each vehicle designates its service offering with simple circle marking with the service name. The vehicles are now in service so watch for them at community events and other gatherings in our community.
For more information: