The loss of a loved one or beloved pet is a difficult time for all. Express your love and appreciation of their role in your life by purchasing a tribute in their honour.
A variety of options are available:
- “Our Precious Memories” wall plaque. Starting at $60 you can have a special message engraved into a plaque that will be on display within the HBSPCA.
- Mark their life with a “Memorial Garden Rock” that you can place within the garden at the HBSPCA, or take place on your own property.
- The “Pet Mausoleum” on the grounds of the HBSPCA provides a way for you to immortalize their memory and spirit.
For more information about purchasing a tribute gift for a loved one or pet companion, please contact Diane at 905-574-7722 Ext 429 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a legacy gift?
Making a legacy gift can be as simple as leaving a direction in your Will that instructs your Executor/Trustee to donate one or more of your assets to a charitable organization. Its an easy way to help rescue and protect animals while achieving significant tax savings.
Who leaves a legacy gift?
Anyone – of any age – who would like to make a difference, can arrange to make a gift in their will. It is great for those who need cashflow today and wish to retain their assets during their lifetime. It is also a natural choice for those interested in tax savings upon death and increasing inheritances of loved ones.
Benefits of leaving a legacy gift:
- It’s easy to arrange. Once you have decided your intentions, your lawyer can make a small change to your Will to include a gift to the Hamilton/Burlington SPCA.
- It doesn’t cost you anything during your lifetime.
- It’s an effective way to reduce your estate taxes. The Hamilton/Burlington SPCA will issue an official receipt for the full value of your gift. Your estate will use this receipt to reduce the tax payable on your final tax return.
- You always have options. A gift in your Will can be for a specific amount, a percentage of your estate, or an amount that is remaining after your debts have been paid and other gifts have been fulfilled. You are free to change your Will at any time.
- It feels good knowing you are supporting a cause that’s meaningful to you. Our donors find that incorporating their values into the Will planning process is very rewarding. You can also create a lasting memorial for your pet, anyone special you may wish to honour, or yourself.
Its not the size that counts.
Gifts come in all sizes. You don’t need to be wealthy to leave a gift in your Will and make a lasting impact. Any amount is a thoughtful and generous way to change animals’ lives and build a humane community.
Taking the Lead
After you have had a chance to reflect on what is important to you, talk it over with your family and share your intentions. Reach out to us. We are here to help you navigate the legacy giving process, answer any questions you may have, and assure you that each gift is treated with utmost care.
Discuss your intentions with your lawyer.
Make a Lasting Difference for the Animals
A gift in your Will is a way to make a lasting difference for the animals that are close to your heart. Some of the ways that legacy gifts have kept on giving at the Hamilton/Burlington SPCA include:
- The recovery and rehoming of abandoned and neglected pet companions.
- Free health checks and spay neuter surgeries available to pet companions whose parents are some of the most vulnerable in our community and for whom their pet is their best friend.
- Same day care for cats at risk shelter admission because care in the community is not affordable, thereby keeping loved cats healthy and safe in their own home.
- Spay and neuter surgeries for street cats, sometimes called community cats, to reduce street cat populations.
- The purchase of a digital x-ray machine for just in time diagnostics to inform treatments of chronic conditions and serious injury; and
- Shelter building improvements to optimize health outcomes for animals and safe environments for the visiting public, volunteers, and staff.To learn more call 905 574-7722 ext 429 or email email@example.com