Low Cost Spay/Neuter Program
Wait till 8
The Hamilton/Burlington SPCA (HBSPCA) provides low cost, high quality spay/neuter surgeries for your feline friend.
The Hamilton/Burlington SPCA Community Assistance Spay/Neuter program is provided as a service to low income pet owners for whom cost is a barrier to accessing these services at a regular veterinary clinic.
We are NOT accepting applications for dog surgery.
Your pet will be provided with high quality care by one of our licensed and skilled veterinarians and registered veterinary technicians. Our supplies and medications are the same as those available at any other veterinary hospital. All animals are provided with long lasting pain medication that’s administered during surgery , and have the same procedure as they would at a regular hospital.
We are able to keep our prices as low as we do for several reasons:
- Our clinic is a high quality/high volume clinic – whereas many clinics will do only a few surgeries a day we focus only on spay and neuter services
- Our organization is a registered charity, which means we save on some taxes that would have to be paid by a private business and are able to pass those savings along to you.
- Our clinic is non-profit as opposed to a business, where owners rightly expect to make a profit for their work in the business.
Please read this information below carefully before booking an appointment for your pet. Be sure to check eligibility criteria.
Services & Eligibility
The HBSPCA Companion Animal Hospital provides spay/neuter surgery for healthy cats on an appointment basis. Surgery happens at our onsite Companion Animal Hospital. Pet owners pre-register for the procedure, pre pay, and bring their pet to the shelter for a pre scheduled drop off and pick up time
In order for your pet to be eligible for surgery they must meet the following criteria:
- Pets must be between four months and six years of age.
- Pets must not be coughing or sneezing.
- Pregnant cats can be spayed, but the pregnancy will be terminated at the time of surgery.
- We strongly recommend that your animal is vaccinated prior to surgery to prevent them contracting a contagious disease.
What is included/fee schedule
– Spay (female) $219 Neuter (male) $179
– Complementary Rabies vaccine
– Complementary FVRCP vaccine
– Complementary Microchip
– Complementary dose of flea prevention
– Complementary E-Collar (Cone) for the girls
Want to help another cat in need? Add a Spay it Forward donaton and help another community cat in need.
- Cat Carriers: $10.00
If you are in need of a cat carrier to securely transport your feline to and from surgery, we have gently used carriers for sale at reception for $10.00- while supplies last. We do not recommend soft carriers.
- Additional De Worming Products
A de worming product should be given every 2 weeks for 3 treatments. Your cat will receive a dose of Revolution with surgery, this is complimentary. Take advantage of our special offer by pre registering for an additional 2 deworming treatments at the time of booking for $40 plus tax. This is a topical product that can be applied to the back of the neck. For purchases on the day of or after surgery speak to the Companion Animal Hospital Clerk for a quote.
There will be a $25 admin fee charged for all refund requests.
Pets must be fasted the night before surgery, please remove food at 6pm the night before surgery. Always provide water for your pet.
You will be provided with a check-in time prior to your appointment. It is important that you arrive on-time. We ask that you please arrive at the HBSPCA Companion Animal Hospital with your cat in a secure cat carrier. One cat per carrier. Please label your carrier with your name and phone number.
Booking an appointment
To get started please click the appropriate button below. Please note that we currently have a wait time of 4-6 weeks for cat appointments and we are NOT accepting dog applications.
You will be provided with a pick-up time prior to your appointment. Upon discharge, you will be provided with post-op instructions. If you have any questions or concerns directly related to the surgery during the recovery period, please call 905 574-7722 ext 106. If there is an emergency after hours, please contact your nearest emergency clinic.
The HBSPCA does NOT offer declawing