Found Animals



Lost & Found

Wait till 8

Found Kittens?

If you’ve found kitten’s here’s what to do.


Are the kittens injured or critically sick?




Call The City of Hamilton Animal Services
905 574-3433

Estimate the age of the Kittens

0-2 Weeks Old

Eyes closed or barely open


2-4 Weeks Old

Eyes open and alert; becoming mobile


4-6 Weeks Old

Very mobile and often talkative; can eat food


6-8 Weeks Old

Very active and playful; around 1-2pounds


+8 Weeks Old

Very active and playful; 2 pounds or more


STOP! Can you see the mom cat OR a nest?

If the kittens are friendly,
Call the Hamilton Burlington SPCA at 905 574-7722 or reach out to the HBSPCA at info@hbspca.com to coordinate spay/neuter services for mom and an adoption path for the kittens



A kitten’s best chance of survivals is with mom. Leave the kittens where they are.

If you want to help, make sure mom has access to shelter, food, and water and contact the HBSPCA to have a mom and kittens fixed when ready.



Mom may be off hunting or not want to come around if people are present. Watch for her to come back for a few hours.

PRO TIP: Leave a ring of flour around the kittens. Check in a few hours if you see mom’s foot prints in the flour!





Call The City of Hamilton Animal Services
905 574-3433


The Hamilton/Burlington SPCA is proud to partner with Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control. This partnership is geared to minimize wildlife conflicts and result in a better relationship between humans and our backyard animals.

If you have a concern about wildlife, please contact Skedaddle at 1-888-592-0387

Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control has been serving the Hamilton/Burlington area since 1989. They are Canada’s largest wildlife control company, and have the experience of over 200,000 wildlife removals. It is so important for people to understand the need for effective, lasting and humane solutions to conflicts with wildlife.

Skedaddle Humane Wildlife Control – Hamilton
297 Brucedale Ave. East.
Hamilton, ON. L9A 1R2

Lost & Found

I found a stray dog or cat. Can the HBSPCA help?

The HBSPCA legally cannot accept stray animals. Please contact your local municipality’s animal services—in the Hamilton area, call 905-574-3433.

I lost my dog or cat, can the HBSPCA help?

If you have lost your pet, the following steps may help bring you back together:

  1. First, contact your city’s Animal Control department. In the Hamilton area, call 905-574-3433. In Burlington, call 905-335-3030. In Hamilton, dogs and cats will stay at Animal Services for 72 hours in the hopes that someone will claim them. Following the 72-hour stray period, animals may be placed into an adoption program.
  2. Search your neighborhood. Ask your neighbours, mail carriers, joggers, garbage collectors, and others in the area to watch out for your pet. Kids in the neighbourhood can be an excellent source of information. Check out this useful website as well.
  3. Visit animal shelters and the pound. Go in person, rather than phoning. Visit the shelters every 24 hours. .
  4. Try the power of scent. Animals have a keen sense of smell and familiar smells may help bring them home. Place a piece of clothing you’ve worn or a blanket outside your door. 
  5. Post eye-catching posters in the neighbourhood. Describe your pet in detail and include a picture, the date and location of where your pet was lost and a phone number where you can be reached. Be sure to mention any unique markings and the colour of your pet’s collar. Consider offering a nominal reward. Withhold one of your pet’s unique characteristics so you can verify the honesty of a caller who is claiming to have found your pet.
  6. Place an ad in your local newspaper.
  7. Try the Internet. PetLynx and Kijiji are valuable resources—you can search the listings to see if someone has found your pet and post a lost pet notice yourself. Before you post on either of these websites, contact your local animal control to ensure your pet isn’t there already.
  8. Check local animal hospitals and local vet clinics.
  9. Continue your search even if you feel there is little hope. Some animals turn up after having been lost for months.

If you have a concern about wildlife, please contact Skedaddle at 1-888-592-0387


Rens pets logo
Royal Canin Logo