The most common reason people choose to give up a dog is a behaviour issue that could have been corrected with proper training. That’s why the Hamilton/Burlington SPCA (HBSPCA) is committed to providing high quality dog training courses to dog owners; well-behaved dogs are less likely to be surrendered or abandoned.
The HBSPCA and K9 Principles have partnered together to offer dog training sessions at the HBSPCA (245 Dartnall Rd). This partnership is designed to bring top dog training to dogs and their owners, support responsible pet ownership and benefit animal care at the shelter.
Why should I take dog obedience training at the HBSPCA?
The HBSPCA is committed to supporting responsible dog ownership and dogs in their forever homes.
Kelly Robbins of K9 Principles brings more than 25 years of training experience to the HBSPCA and the best techniques for positive reinforcement. In addition, Kelly has worked as a Dog Behavioural Assessment Associate at the HBSPCA . Kelly has counselled many dog owners through behavioral and aggression problems and have worked with hundreds of different breeds of dogs all over the world.
Dog Obedience Training Schedule:
Please watch the following video prior to your first night of classes https://k9principles.ca/video
Level 1 Classes
Wednesday August 16th at 7:30pm
Wednesday Sept 6th at 5:00pm
Thursday Sept 14th at 6:15pm
Wednesday October 4th at 7:30pm
Thursday October 5th at 5:00pm
Wednesday October 25th at 5:00pm
Level 2 classes (must have completed Level 1 first)
Thursday Sept 14th at 7:30pm
Wednesday Sept 27th at 6:15pm
What do I need to know?
- The dog training course is 7 weeks.
- Classes are once a week, for one hour.
- Following each level 1 class, participants will recive a recap video to their email address
- Minimum number of participants is 6; maximum is 8
- Sessions are non-refundable once the session has started
- If a refund is requested prior to the start date a $25.00 admin fee will be charged
- The cost is $300.00; any dog adopted from the HBSPCA receives a $25.00 discount. ($275.00)*
- *50% of the cost of the sessions stays with the SPCA for animal care.
What do I need to do to sign up?
- Eligible dogs must be at least 12 weeks of age and with their second set of vaccines.
- Owners are required to bring proof of vaccines including Bordetella, also known as kennel cough vaccine and a signed waiver form that can be printed off the K9 Principles web site at www.k9principles.ca
- Beginner 1: sit, down, heal, stay, come when called. Address negative behaviours such as biting, jumping & housebreaking.
- Beginner 2: Impulse control, off-leash verbal control, hand signals, off-leash healing and out of sight sit/down/stays.
Private Lessons with K9 Principles In-Home Dog Training
Is your best friend experiencing aggression, anxiety, reactive aggression? K9 Principle’s Kelly Robbins can help. K9 Principles has been a training partner of the HBSPCA for many years and we are pleased to have them share their extensive knowledge on dog behaviour.
If you are currently dealing with aggression, biting or anxiety a private lesson may be helpful. To inquire if this is the right option for you and your dog please email Kelly at email@example.com
Learn more here www.k9principles.ca