May 29, 2020
Dear Friend of the Animals
It is Week 11 in the times of COVID-19. Since early April, we have stayed connected with you, our supporters, on the ways service is adapting to protect animals from risk, rehome pet companions, and support families keeping their pets healthy and safe. Your generous support reminds us that the collective gifts of individuals make a difference for the animals who enrich our lives every day.
When I speak with donors inevitably their fondest memories of their pets past and present find their way into the conversation. And the stories are not only about the distance they go to care for their animals, they are also about how their best friends nurture them and their families. Pets and people do thrive together.
In these times we have been asked regularly about how to include the HBSPCA in people’s Wills. It’s an intimate subject, an important subject, and one that makes an impact on animals when our supporters pass on. We are forever grateful to our supporters who think of the animals in their estate planning.
By remembering the Hamilton/Burlington SPCA in your Will, you can:
- Provide funding for animal care while pets wait for their forever families
- Spay/neuter animals to prevent pet overpopulation
- Fund the medical and enrichment needs of the animals while in our care, keeping them as comfortable as possible
- Assist caretakers in managing feral cat colonies
- Support pet families to be the pet parents they want to be
- Ensure that our programs support learners – coop students, veterinarians in training – teaching compassion and empathy
- Grow educational programs for children and youth, our future stewards of humane communities.
Your charitable bequest can go directly to the programs you may have supported already in your lifetime. You can also choose to dedicate your gift to a particular area of the work you care so much about
Those of us who have pets can’t imagine what life would be like without them. Their love and dedication bring us joy unlike anything else. I invite you to celebrate the human animal bond and consider leaving a gift in your Will to the Hamilton/Burlington SPCA. May is Leave a Legacy Month, and as it draws to a close, consider how your contribution can make a lasting contribution, all for the animals. Please reach out. We can help.
Be safe. Be healthy.
President and CEO
Keeping Distance Staying Connected.