The Hamilton/Burlington SPCA understands and shares the concerns of our community regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the very real impact for our families, friends and colleagues. We closely monitor the evolving situation, anticipate requirements for the health and safety of the animals, our volunteers, our staff, the community we serve, and, we adapt.
We extend a big PAWS up to those who applied to adopt pet companions ready for rehoming these last few weeks. Many are in their new forever homes and some are being fostered, on their journey to health and wellness. We thank too our dog walkers who are walking and socialising the dogs in our care. And finally, we thank our volunteers helping us process donations and the purchase of lottery tickets. You can learn all about lottery and how you can support the animals at /donate/lottery-tickets/
On Tuesday March 24, the Ontario Government announced essential services. Societies and animal care entities were included as essential services. This allows the Hamilton/Burlington SPCA to respond in emergent situations.
As of Friday March 27:
- Your local Society is open for
- Food is available to registered colony cat caregivers; email email@example.com for pick up.
- Our website, Facebook and Instagram pages are up to date with the latest information
- The shelter will continue to be safely staffed to care for animals on site, those in foster families and animals in distress requiring immediate attention.
- All classes, clinics and events are postponed until further notice.
- Spay/neuter surgeries for owned pets at our Companion Animal Hospital are discontinued until further notice.
- Adoptions are closed until further notice.
These are unprecedented times for our families, friends, colleagues and our way of life. Your donations to sustain required supplies and attend to animals in distress, pain and discomfort are ever important. Please consider a donation at /donate/single-gift/ or by phone at 905 574-7722 ext. 406.
Thank you for your sustained support, all for the animals. We invite you to visit our website at www.hbspca.com for updates regarding our current services and future plans.
With thanks in health and safety.
Marion Emo, CEO
Keeping Distance. Staying Connected.